So I’ve been very, very bad about updating my blog. I have been baking and crafting, just not with the same frequency as I used to. Recently I got some good baking in and thought I’d share.
I’ve been craving apple fritters for multiple months now, but don’t eat them often since they’re fried. I came across a recipe for baked apple fritters and gave it a shot during the weekend where we stayed indoors due to nonstop rain from Harvey. I followed the recipe exactly and the only note I have was that you don’t have to make so much glaze.
My second delicious baking adventure was a peach upside down cake using delicious in-season peaches that the grocery store has right now. I have a few changes / notes on this recipe:
- Used ginger in place of nutmeg. Ginger and peaches are delicious together!
- I made extra caramel topping after reading the comments, but I think the original amount would be better. If I were to make extra of anything in the future, it could have used a bit more cake batter.
- I baked it in a springform pan because it’s the only cake pan I have that size. I put foil around the bottom to catch any caramel leaks. It did leak a tiny bit.
- I did not serve the cake with creme fraiche since Whole Foods was out of it. It was delicious eaten on its own.
- The cake took much longer to bake than the recipe called for, like 45 – 50 min instead of 30 min.
Very shortly I’ll start posting about biking since this year’s Bike MS is just a month away. So stay tuned!