I whipped up these simple Christmas ornaments as gifts for my friends and family. I had the grand idea that we would harvest local acorn caps to use, but they ended up being too small for the bells I found at Joann.
They were pretty simple to make. It went something like this:
- Find acorn caps to order on ebay since our local caps were too small.
- Paint the acorn caps with gold, green, and red glitter paint.
- After they dry, glue the bells into the acorn caps. I found hot glue to be the easiest to work with, but reinforced it with some Elmer’s in the gap around the bell, if it existed.
- After that round of glue dries, attach matching embroidery thread to the stem by tying it and then add a bit of glue for security.
- Once that dries, tie the thread onto a loop of ribbon. I varied the length of thread so that the bells would hang at different lengths.
- Optional – add a small coordinating bow to the ribbon loop.
One thought on “Acorn jingle bell christmas ornaments”