Along the lines of my post yesterday about spoiling my dog, I thought I’d share how we spoil our cats.
Recently we renovated our living and dining rooms. In the process we’ve replaced some of our furniture. And now this is what the cats have:
How did we get to this point?
We had a stand-alone cat perch that Mojo loved to play one. It was leopard print colored and didn’t really match the new improved decor.
My husband suggested that we make cat shelves up the wall. Being the sucker I am (and recognizing the chance to get rid of the leopard print) I agreed! And then here’s what you do:
- Buy some sturdy shelves and brackets at Ikea
- Cut them to size for cats
- Wrap a long 1” x 4” board with sisal rope (they love scratching sisal rope!)
- Attach all to wall at reasonable intervals, all the way up to the vaulted ceiling
- Sew not one but two cat beds and velcro them to the shelves
- Feel great satisfaction when you find cats sleeping up there. Ok, so really only Mojo goes up unprompted but if you lure Carston up he’ll lay there. Annie doesn’t go up at all. I blame her lack of claws.