I recently came across a recipe for “detox taboulleh” from Oh She Glows which uses cauliflower rice instead of regular grains. I wanted to try something with cauliflower rice again and I decided to try this recipe. It was well worth it. We paired the salad with flatbread and hummus and it was delicious. Because the recipe was so healthy I made very few changes. I used a bit more tomatoes and onion, a bit less cilantro, and sesame seeds instead of hemp seeds. I also used the shredding blade on my food processor to grate the cauliflower and celery. I used:
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1.5 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 1 & 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Use the grater blade attachment on a food processor and drop cauliflower florets into the machine to grate. Empty out the bowl and use the same blade to grate the celery.
- Stir the rest of the vegetables (tomatoes, parsley, cilantro, and green onion) into the bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing in a small glass or jar. Pour onto salad and toss to combine, adjusting salt to taste if desired. The flavors are best after the salad has been refrigerated for a while. Sprinkle sesame seeds on of the salad when you’re ready to eat.
The grated cauliflower:
Adding celery and tomatoes:
Dressing and salad prior to mixing:
Delicious salad with olive hummus topped crisp flatbread:
All recipes I’ve made from Oh She Glows have been great, I recommend you check her site out!